FunKey Community Poll
The FunKey Community Poll is a series of weekly polls conducted by FunKey community members to record the opinions of the overall FunKey community on a range of topics related to the FunKey S. Polls are organized on the Google Forms platform and posted to the FunKey Community Discord Server to gather community responses.
#1: Favorite Emulated System
Lasting from January 10 until January 13, 2021, the poll asked members: "Which system currently emulated by the FunKey S do you prefer most?". With 42 answers submitted in total, in first was the GBA with 40.5% of votes, in second the PS1 with 31%, and in third the SNES with 14.3%. The NES and Game Boy (including Game Boy Color) tied for fourth with 4.8% each while the Sega Genesis (Mega Drive) and TurboGrafx-16 (PC Engine) tied for fifth with 2.4% each. The Master System, Atari Lynx, Game Gear, Neo Geo Pocket (including the Neo Geo Pocket Color), and WonderSwan (including the WonderSwan Color) did not receive votes.
#2: Preferred Potentially Emulatable System
Lasting from January 17 until January 20, 2021, the poll asked members: "Of the Atari 2600, Atari 7800, ColecoVision, Neo Geo, Pokémon Mini, and Virtual Boy, which would you most like to see added to the FunKey S?". With 50 answers submitted in total, in first was the Neo Geo with 46% of votes, in second the Pokémon Mini with 30%, in third the Virtual Boy with 14%, and the Atari 2600 in fourth with 10%. The Atari 7800 and ColecoVision did not receive votes.
#3: Default Aspect Ratios
Lasting from January 24 until January 27, 2021, the poll asked members: "If the ability to set default aspect ratios was implemented, would you prefer if it were implemented on a per-game or per-console basis?". With 36 answers submitted in total, in first was per-console with 58.3% of votes and in second was per-game with 41.7% of votes.
#4: Emulation Handhelds
Lasting from February 7 until February 10, 2021, the poll asked members: "How many handheld dedicated emulation devices do you have other than the FunKey S?". With 36 answers submitted in total, 33.3% of respondents said that the FunKey S was their first such device, 33.3% said that they had three or more other devices, 22.2% said that they had one other device, 8.3% said that they had two other devices, and 2.8% said that they did not have a FunKey S or any other handheld dedicated emulation devices.
#5: Other Colors
Lasting from March 14 until March 17, 2021, the poll asked members: "If a fourth color variation of the FunKey S were to be made available, which of the following colors would you prefer most?". With 60 answers submitted in total, in first was Black with 26.7% of votes, in second Colorless Transparent with 23.3%, in third Blue with 10%, tied for fourth Orange and Red with 8.3% each, in fifth White with 5%, in sixth Green with 3.3%, and tied for seventh Dark Grey and Yellow with 1.7% each. 11.7% of respondents entered other colors, while Pink did not receive any votes.
Lasting from March 28 until March 31, 2021, the poll asked members: "While the FunKey's size and lack of additional controller inputs make multiplayer difficult, the existence of nearly 250 hotseat multiplayer games makes it a possibility. Would using the device in a multiplayer setting interest you, and if so, which genre do you think would work best?". With 20 answers submitted in total, 15% of respondents said that using the FunKey S for multiplayer did not interest them while the remaining 85% said that it did. Of those respondents, 35.3% thought that Strategy games would work best on the FunKey S, while 17.6% chose Arcade, 17.6% chose Tabletop, 11.8% chose Sports, 11.8% chose Simultaneous, and 5.9% chose Pinball. The Game Show genre did not receive any votes.
#7: Purchase Preferences
Lasting from July 10 until July 14, 2021, the poll asked members: "If you were to order a FunKey S, and you could choose between any of the four colors announced up until this point, which color would you choose?". With 50 answers submitted in total, 90% of these were from users with FunKey S orders while 10% were from users without FunKey S orders. Of the users with FunKey S orders, 77.8% chose Crystal Blue, 8.9% chose Retro Grey, and Original Purple and Atomic Purple tied with 6.7% each. Of the users without FunKey S orders, 60% chose Crystal Blue, Original Purple and Atomic Purple tied with 20% each, and Retro Grey was not selected.